We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Wedding flowers can be expensive — especially when they’re arranged for a floral wedding bouquet.
If you want to save some money, or just do something different for your wedding bouquet, consider these fun options that don’t involve real flowers.
Choosing Your Wedding Bouquet
The idea is to match the colors and items used in your bridal bouquet with the colors and items used elsewhere in your wedding — such as your wedding cake, your wedding theme, and your wedding colors.
10 Unique Wedding Bouquet Ideas
The following items can be used to make a fun wedding bouquet that everyone will be talking about:
#1 – Lollipops – for a super fun wedding bouquet, bunch together a specific type of lollipop, a variety of different ones, or a fun array of lollipops in your wedding colors.
#2 – Buttons – strung together (on wires or string) or sewn onto layers of fabric patches in your wedding colors, buttons are a fun accent piece due to the variety of shapes and colors.
#3 – Shells – group a bunch of different-sized seashells together into a beachy bridal bouquet.
- Here are some fun seashell bouquet ideas for your wedding.
- See how to make a beachy seashell bouquet.
#4 – Butterflies – colorful faux butterflies on wire stems look whimsical, yet realistic, when bunched together.
- Here are some fun ways to use butterflies in your wedding.
- Martha Stewart shows how to make the best butterfly bouquet.
#5 – Fruit & Vegetables – colorful fruit like grapes, cranberries, and blueberries are easy to group (or string) together in a bouquet. Large veggies like cabbage and dainty herbs make great accents for edible wedding bouquets.
- Check out all of these fun ways to use fruit in your wedding.
- Here’s how to make a fruit wedding bouquet.
#6 – Brooches– group together fashion jewelry, brooches, and dainty antique pieces and hold them all together with a string of pearls.
#7 – Dried flowers – it’s the next best thing to using real flowers, and dried flowers can be dyed to match your wedding colors.
- Lots of fun ways to use dried flowers in your wedding.
- Here’s how to make a wedding bouquet using dried flowers.
#8 – Lace – bunched up lace looks great with an antique wedding dress or vintage wedding theme.
- Check out these fun ideas for using lace at your wedding.
- See how to make lace flowers for your bridal bouquet.
- Here are a bunch of examples of fabric wedding bouquets.
- This tutorial shows you how to make a bouquet with handmade fabric flowers.
- Lots of ideas for making paper flower bouquets for your wedding.
- Here’s how to make paper flowers for a wedding bouquet.
More Unique Wedding Bouquets
- 20 Cute And Quirky Wedding Bouquets
- Non-Floral Bridal Bouquets
- Baby’s Breath Bouquet: An Inexpensive Option
- 20 Ways To Wrap A Wedding Bouquet
- Wedding Bouquet Alternatives
- How To Make A Minimal Bridal Bouquet
- Unconventional & Affordable Bouquets For The Modern Bride
- Martha Stewart’s Unique Wedding Bouquets
- 10 Unique Bridal Bouquets To Inspire You
I planned my own Destination Wedding and everything went off without a hitch — we got married barefoot on the beach in the Bahamas! I like to help brides-to-be find unique ways to do things that will ultimately save them time & money on their wedding. I write about "outside the box" wedding ideas that most people wouldn't think of! When I'm not exploring the latest wedding trends, you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).