In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products & services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Have you been asked to be someone’s best man?
Does the thought of giving a speech in front of all those people make you nervous?
Best man speeches can be scary if you don’t know what to say — but when you break it down, it becomes rather easy.
Here are our tips for giving a best man speech…
Best Man Speech Tips
There are 3 key ingredients in all best man speeches.
- Thank whoever paid for the reception first. That is most often the bride’s parents — but not always, so you may want to find out first so you thank the right people.
- Toast the bride and groom separately. Talk a bit about how the groom has changed the bride for the better, and then how the bride has changed the groom for the better. Some men forget this when giving best man speeches, but it’s an integral part of a best man’s speech.
- Wrap up with a simple toast to the bride and groom together.
More Tips For Your Best Man Speech
Want more ideas for giving best man speeches?
In addition to the tips I’ve included above, here are some other resources to help you prepare your best man speech:
- Best Man Speeches: Jokes & One-Liners
- The Ultimate Guide To Best Man Speeches
- How To Write A Best Man Toast
- The Do’s And Don’ts Of Giving A Best Man Speech
- 10 Steps To Giving The Best Man Speech
I enjoy helping women find clever ways to plan their weddings on a budget. My goal is to help you stay creative and save money at the same time! When I'm not writing, I enjoy spending time with my husband, reading, and creating 3D artwork & Native American beadwork.