In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products & services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
From the reception to the food and everything in between, it can add up fast.
Sometimes when planning this special day and perfecting every detail, keeping your wedding on a budget is the last thing on your mind.
Here are some ways to keep your wedding dream alive & save money along the way…
Ways To Save With Wedding Favors For Guests:
- Give out very simple, yet personal, gifts.
- Limit your gifts to one favor per couple.
- Package your own wedding favors.
Ways To Save With Bridesmaid Dresses At Your Wedding:
- Buy off-season and off the rack.
- Choose the same color dresses, but different styles.
- Check out department stores.
Ways To Save With The Wedding Reception:
- Hold your ceremony and reception at the same place.
- Don’t have your wedding on a Saturday.
- The bigger the tables, the better.
- Off-peak seasons can save thousands of dollars.
- Decrease the number on the guest list.
- Shop after holidays for wedding decorations.
- Use fun foods & drinks.
- Skip the toast.
Ways To Save With Wedding Flowers:
- Buy flowers that are in season.
- Choose your top 2 flowers.
- Use greenery (instead of expensive flowers).
- Lanterns & candle lights can add a great, non-floral touch.
Ways To Save With The Wedding Cake:
- Simplify the add-ons.
- Use fresh flowers instead of sugar ones.
- Recycle the flowers from your wedding ceremony at your cake table as well.
- Buy a small 1- or 2-tiered cake and keep a larger sheet cake in the kitchen to use.
Ways To Save With Entertainment & Photography At Your Wedding:
- Use an associate photographer.
- Find someone to do both the ceremony and the reception.
- Get a small band.
Ways To Save With Wedding Jewelry:
- Borrow pieces from friends & family.
- Check out your grandma’s jewelry box.
More Tips For Having A Fun Wedding On A Budget
I’m currently a graduate student. I like volunteering with a variety of organizations in my community, spending time with my nieces, and sharing fun tips about health & beauty issues.