In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products & services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Never before have the rules for wedding dress design been broken by dress designers the world over.
Some wedding dress trends this year include:
- Wedding dresses that hug the figure. Sexy silhouettes are in!
- Skirts with tiers. Those lovely layered skirts are back and they look very cool.
- Vertical ruffles. Short ladies should probably stay away from these because they take away the illusion of height that a long unbroken line in the skirt gives.
- Layers with diaphanous fabrics. Often, those layers are in wild shapes and give wedding dresses the look of a cross between a punk rock queen and a blushing bride.
Check out these 5 recent wedding dress trends that have also been instrumental in making wedding dresses look truly unique.
These 3 are my personal favorites:
- Add some shine, glamour and glitz to your wedding gown. Whether that is with a simple silver and diamond brooch, or a gold sash, adding a bit of shiny glitz is one of the top wedding dress trends right now.
- Add some edges to layers, trains, or necklines. Uneven layers is one way wedding dress designers are utilizing this particular trend.
- Add a bit of color. Many wedding dress creations are now coming complete with a colored sash or hem — usually in colors such as ruby, soft pink, sapphire, or emerald green.
I enjoy helping women find clever ways to plan their weddings on a budget. My goal is to help you stay creative and save money at the same time! When I'm not writing, I enjoy spending time with my husband, reading, and creating 3D artwork & Native American beadwork.