This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Never before have the rules for wedding dress design been broken by dress designers the world over.
Some wedding dress trends this year include:
- Wedding dresses that hug the figure. Sexy silhouettes are in!
- Skirts with tiers. Those lovely layered skirts are back and they look very cool.
- Vertical ruffles. Short ladies should probably stay away from these because they take away the illusion of height that a long unbroken line in the skirt gives.
- Layers with diaphanous fabrics. Often, those layers are in wild shapes and give wedding dresses the look of a cross between a punk rock queen and a blushing bride.
Check out these 5 recent wedding dress trends that have also been instrumental in making wedding dresses look truly unique.
These 3 are my personal favorites:
- Add some shine, glamour and glitz to your wedding gown. Whether that is with a simple silver and diamond brooch, or a gold sash, adding a bit of shiny glitz is one of the top wedding dress trends right now.
- Add some edges to layers, trains, or necklines. Uneven layers is one way wedding dress designers are utilizing this particular trend.
- Add a bit of color. Many wedding dress creations are now coming complete with a colored sash or hem — usually in colors such as ruby, soft pink, sapphire, or emerald green.
I enjoy helping women find clever ways to plan their weddings on a budget. My goal is to help you stay creative and save money at the same time! When I'm not writing, I enjoy spending time with my husband, reading, and creating 3D artwork & Native American beadwork.