This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Incorporate Lots Of “Special” Touches That Are As Unique As You
Yes, I know that having disposable cameras on hand for everyone to take candid shots is quite common these days. But I still recommend it — highly!
In addition, think of more FUN things like that to incorporate into your wedding. (Because your wedding should be fun, right?)
From the wedding invitations to the wedding favors to your wedding vows, to the decorations, the many things you could personalize… whether your wedding takes place inside or outside, it doesn’t matter. There are lots of fun ways that you can make your wedding ceremony unique — and memorable!
Granted, some of the things that we did might be considered too silly for some people’s taste — like asking everyone to wear goofy sunglasses for our beach wedding or handing out our own miniature bottles of wine to each guest, rather than having an open bar. But then again, these things created the most lasting memories and images in our minds (…and our photographs!).
Think “Outside The Box”
Here are some other things you could do “outside the box” for your own wedding day:
- wedding invitations (with personalized photo stamps)
- wedding cake
- themes (like Hawaiian wedding, beachy wedding, or monogram-themed wedding — the number of wedding themes & styles is virtually endless!)
- wedding favors
- wedding toss items
- wedding vows
- food themed, or based on your heritage; possibly ask friends & relatives to provide the food items in lieu of a gift)
- beverages (customized labels for your bottles or wine wedding favors)
- wedding decorations
- music (…you could also use an mp3 player instead of a band or DJ)
- flowers (like personalized, embossed roses)
- thank you cards (with personalized photo stamps)
- wedding candies (like personalized M&Ms)
Your Own Personal Wedding Mementos
Don’t forget to create a unique memento or two for yourself… as a lifelong memento of your special day. Some of these ideas could also be passed on as gifts for your wedding guests.
For example, we took home 2 large canisters of sand from the beach we were married on. (It was that extra-fine pure white sand — the kind that goes perfectly with rich turquoise blue ocean water!) And I’ve managed to come up with a couple of novel ways to “bottle” some of that sand and display it at our house, year round.
One thing that I intended to do, but forgot…
I meant to incorporate a sprinkling of our wedding beach sand in the Thank You cards to all our guests. You know, kind of like the glittery confetti that people include in cards these days? Yeah, it sounds messy. Maybe that’s why I didn’t do it, even though I knew that those who attended our wedding were as thrilled about it being on a beach as we were.
Here are some unique wedding mementos worth considering…
- a framed wedding picture surrounded with words of encouragement from your guests (You could even make this yourself!)
- a digital photo/video collage on personalized CDs or DVDs)
- a wedding guest platter
- a wedding guestbook
- a wedding keepsake kit
- a wedding scrapbook
I planned my own Destination Wedding and everything went off without a hitch — we got married barefoot on the beach in the Bahamas! I like to help brides-to-be find unique ways to do things that will ultimately save them time & money on their wedding. I write about "outside the box" wedding ideas that most people wouldn't think of! When I'm not exploring the latest wedding trends, you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).