In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products & services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Does the thought of going wedding dress shopping make you nervous because you’re afraid you won’t find anything that looks good on you?
This happens to more women than you may realize.
Thankfully, wedding dress designers are getting with the program and designing a lot more plus size wedding gowns these days.
This makes it a little easier when it comes to finding a beautiful plus size wedding gown for your special day.
Keep these tips in mind when you go plus size wedding gown shopping:
- Know your body’s shape. Understanding your body’s shape will make it easier to choose the perfect plus size wedding gown that shows off your best features.
- Know what material you like ahead of time. Tafetta and satin or dupioni are good choices for the plus size woman because they can be ruched and are flattering on all body types.
- Choose a fuller skirt such as an A-line, when you’re shopping for a plus size wedding gown.
- If you don’t want your arms showing it’s okay to ask for lace sleeves. The same is true if you don’t like strapless wedding gowns; shoulder straps can be easily added.
- Before you go shopping for a plus size wedding gown, call different bridal shops and ask what sizes they have. If they don’t have your size, ask what they can do to show you how the gowns will look on you.
- Take someone with you who is objective and can help you pick out the perfect plus size wedding gown!
I enjoy helping women find clever ways to plan their weddings on a budget. My goal is to help you stay creative and save money at the same time! When I'm not writing, I enjoy spending time with my husband, reading, and creating 3D artwork & Native American beadwork.