In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products & services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
I know I did when I got married.
The way to have those fantastic photos is to choose from the best wedding photographers available.
And the way to choose is to really understand what you need to ask when choosing a wedding photographer.
Here are 5 questions you should ask:
- Will the photographer you interview actually be the one who will do your wedding photos? Often it turns out that this is not the case, so ask ahead of time.
- Is the contract easy to read and easy to understand? If not you may want to have a lawyer look at it before signing.
- Is the photographer offering a price that is within your budget? While price is not the only thing you should consider, going over your budget probably isn’t a good idea.
- Is the package you’re being offered fixed, or can you make changes?
- Is there anything mentioned in the contract about deposits and if you’ll get yours back if there’s a cancellation or the photographer doesn’t show up on your wedding day?
More tips on choosing the best wedding photographers:
- How To Find The Best Wedding Photographers
- Wedding Photographers: 3 Things You Need To Know
- How To Interview A Wedding Photographer
- What To Look For When Choosing A Wedding Photographer
- Checklist For Interviewing The Best Wedding Photographers
I enjoy helping women find clever ways to plan their weddings on a budget. My goal is to help you stay creative and save money at the same time! When I'm not writing, I enjoy spending time with my husband, reading, and creating 3D artwork & Native American beadwork.