This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Getting married during a time when money is tight is tough.
You’re probably trying to figure out how to save money on your wedding dress, right?
Fortunately, finding discount wedding dresses isn’t as difficult as you might think.
In fact, there are a few really easy ways to do so!
For starters, check out these ways to save money on your wedding dress.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Prices may vary from neighborhood to so look outside of the immediate local area.
- A simple gown will cost less than an elaborate one.
- Consignment shops often have great deals on wedding gowns.
- Rent a wedding dress, instead of buying one!
- Don’t buy your shoes at a bridal store; they’re too expensive there.
- Plain white satin shoes are often the cheapest option, and who’s going to see them under your dress?
- Ask a friend to make a wedding veil for you.
Even if you only follow one of those suggestions, you could dramatically cut the cost of your wedding dress.
More Ways To Find A Discount Wedding Dress
Here are some additional tips for finding discount wedding dresses:
#1 – Look for wedding dresses on eBay, Craigslist, and even Etsy. You may get lucky and find a designer dress that a bride only wore the one time for 50% or more off the original purchase price.
#2 – Buy your wedding dress at Dillard’s or Nordstrom where you can find quality wedding dresses for as little as $150!
#3 – Even Costco sells Kirstie Kelly wedding gowns now!
#4 – Many brides are choosing to sell their wedding dresses after the wedding. So be sure to check these bridal sites for buying & selling used wedding items.
For even more dramatic wedding dress savings consider these tips:
- Save Money on Your Wedding Dress
- TLC’s Discount Wedding Dresses 101
- How to Save Money on a Wedding Dress
- Get Your Wedding Dress For Less
- How To Find The Perfect Wedding Dress
- 6 Ways To Find A Cheap Wedding Dress
I enjoy helping women find clever ways to plan their weddings on a budget. My goal is to help you stay creative and save money at the same time! When I'm not writing, I enjoy spending time with my husband, reading, and creating 3D artwork & Native American beadwork.