In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products & services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
As the couple getting married, you could give each of your parents simple gifts as a token of your appreciation for their ongoing support… or you could give your parents one-of-a-kind opportunities of a lifetime!
Now, tell me, which do you think they would really enjoy more?
Following are some really unique gift ideas for parents of the wedding couple.
Trust me, these will come as a complete surprise!
An Entire Year’s Worth Of Gifts
Think of their favorite foods, adult beverages, and luxury items.
With that in mind, which “of the month club” do you think they would enjoy most?
If one of those happens to suit their personality and taste to a tee, then you can bet they will enjoy getting that type of gift in the mail regularly — all through the coming year.
Why settle on a single gift when you can send them a gift that keeps on giving and reminds them all year long of how much they’re appreciated?
Cooking Classes & In-Home Cooking Lessons
Who doesn’t want a chance to improve their cooking skills?
Whether your parents are skilled in the kitchen or not, in-home cooking lessons or local cooking classes in their own hometown will help them fine-tune a specific cooking technique or learn some new food tricks.
It’s not everyday that someone has an opportunity to get personal instruction from a world-class chef!
Chef Hangouts are another fun way to get expert tips in your own kitchen!
If an in-home lesson isn’t their style, consider these cooking classes which take place in popular food stores:
Soar High In The Sky
Just about everyone has at least one sky-high adventure on their bucket list.
Just choose your buy it online and they can present their gift certificate at any one of Soaring Adventure‘s 200 certified locations coast-to-coast.
Drive A Race Car… Fast!
The recipient of this gift will be speechless — especially the moment they step out of the car after living their dream!
This is a great adventure gift idea for the racing enthusiast and longtime sports fan.
Choose your racing school:
- Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure
- Skip Barber Racing School
- Mario Andretti Racing Experience
- Cloud 9 Race Car Driving
- Racing Adventures
- Xperience Days Race Car Driving
- NASCAR Racing Experience
Golf Lesson With A PGA Pro
The lucky recipient of this gift can choose their own golf instructor from regional PGA Teachers of the Year, LPGA Top 50 instructors, and former tour players.
They also get to pick the course location.
The golf lesson lasts about an hour, but the techniques and strategies learned will last forever.
Some of the topics covered are: proper alignment, grip, posture, ball position, and swing mechanics.
Rick Zivsak is another noteworthy golf instructor who offers individual and company golf lessons.
If a golf lesson isn’t exactly what you’re after, then consider a golf package at one of the country’s best PGA golf resorts. It will definitely be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for the golf enthusiast!
Make Your Own Fun Gift Basket
No one knows your parents’ unique personalities better than you do. So spend a little time putting together a fun gift basket that’s customized to their own individual taste and style.
Just pick & choose a few smaller items that you think they would like and then package them in a fun way with a super-cool gift certificate for a place you know they’d love or some other “wow” gift as the centerpiece!
Some fun theme ideas:
- Spa Gift Basket: aromatherapy candle, body lotion, body scrub, body wash, bubble bath, sound therapy, a fun hand towel, slippers, eye mask, bath pillow, robe, nail polish, nail polish remover, hair towel, bath towels, magazines, new showerhead, massage gift certificate, pedicure gift certificate, facial gift certificate
- Travel Gift Basket: tote bag, travel mugs, hotel coupons/gift certificates, homemade CD mix tape, munchies, sunscreen, beach-themed gifts, books on tape (or actual books), magazines, travel maps, gift certificate for a destination they’ve always wanted to visit.
- Grilling Gift Basket: beer can roaster, seasonings & rubs, grill baskets, sauces, propane gauge, grilling tools, branding iron, a fun apron, grill pizza pan, grilling books, talking meat thermometer, grill light, weather radio, grill brush, gift certificate for a grill (or for grilling stuff from a Home Improvement store)
More Adventure Gift Ideas
Believe it or not, the list is practically endless when it comes to all of the different adventure gifts you can give someone.
If the ones listed above don’t strike your fancy (or the fancy of your parents), then have fun exploring lots more adventure gift ideas here:
- Excitations – find unexpected gift ideas all across the country
- Cloud 9 Living Memories – action and adventure gifts nationwide
- Xperience – choose your location, then select an activity or sort by price
- Fun Sherpa – give something fun
- Great American Days – give the experience of a lifetime
I planned my own Destination Wedding and everything went off without a hitch — we got married barefoot on the beach in the Bahamas! I like to help brides-to-be find unique ways to do things that will ultimately save them time & money on their wedding. I write about "outside the box" wedding ideas that most people wouldn't think of! When I'm not exploring the latest wedding trends, you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).